By Linda L. Oakes MSN RN-BC CCN,Yvonne D'Arcy
Designated a Doody's middle Title!
"I may suggest this nice little booklet for nurses who desire to hold a e-book with them of their medical perform. it is a welcome addition to the transforming into checklist of books addressing ache in pediatrics."--Pediatric discomfort Letter
"[This ebook] is a realistic consultant to pediatric ache evaluate and administration for the complex perform nurse and basic caregivers who're drawn to taking good care of sufferers with soreness, yet whose care area of expertise isn't really discomfort administration. For the nurses whose uniqueness is discomfort administration, this article presents a short pediatric reference of our wisdom and instruments of our alternate. although it is a 'compact guide,' this article is easily referenced with present key place statements, medical perform guidance, and basic references of the most recent pediatric soreness administration research."--Pain administration Nursing
Presented in a concise, systematic structure, this clinically orientated publication presents nurses and physicians easy access to up to date details on the right way to investigate and deal with ache in babies and youngsters, together with teenagers that suffer from acute and protracted discomfort stipulations. This publication presents a finished evaluation of medicinal drugs for babies and kids in addition to nonpharmacological interventions to in achieving optimum discomfort administration for younger sufferers present process needle-related tactics in addition to painful stipulations concerning surgical procedure, trauma, melanoma, sickle phone ailment, and protracted pain.
- Describes the implications of untreated ache on improvement of youngsters
- Summarizes discomfort review instruments steered for verbal and preverbal sufferers in addition to people who find themselves significantly or terminally in poor health
- Provides normal ideas and particular dosing thoughts for non-opioids, opioids, and coanalgesics for optimum protection and potent aid in soreness
- Describes the symptoms, medicines, and ongoing care and tracking on the topic of the expanding use of epidural and non-stop peripheral nerve block infusions for pediatric sufferers
- Provides details on the way to use age-appropriate recommendations for cognitive, cognitive-behavioral, and actual ways to lessen discomfort
- Includes precious assets, comparable to web content, and different instruments, resembling ache diaries and sufferer schooling details, to aid multidisciplinary groups and fogeys who take care of childrens with acute and persistent soreness
Read or Download Compact Clinical Guide to Infant and Child Pain Management: An Evidence-Based Approach for Nurses PDF
Similar nursing books
Studienarbeit aus dem Jahr 2010 im Fachbereich Pflegewissenschaften, observe: 1,0, , Veranstaltung: Weiterbildung zur verantwortlichen Pflegefachkraft, Sprache: Deutsch, summary: Ich habe mich für das Thema Sexualität im modify entschieden, da ich der Auffassung bin, dass die Enttabuisierung zwar begonnen hat, aber noch nicht Einzug in die tägliche Praxis gefunden hat und noch viele Vorbehalte, Ängste und Unsicherheiten existieren, leider auch in unserer Einrichtung.
Moment variation was once 3rd position Winner of the AJN ebook of the 12 months Award! studies for the second one Edition:“This is a treasure trove for these getting ready for the CNE exam. For these including certification to their objectives, this e-book is a must-have. ”-Doody’s clinical Reviews"I really think that your ebook made it attainable for me to effectively entire the CNE examination!
Here’s the fundamental medical details you must deal with obstetric, gynecological, infant, and pediatric sufferers in any surroundings. The third version of this renowned pocket advisor has been completely revised and up to date to mirror nursing perform today.
Diplomarbeit aus dem Jahr 2016 im Fachbereich Pflegewissenschaften, be aware: 15, , Sprache: Deutsch, summary: Kontext: Psychosoziale Risiken sind eine große Herausforderung für supervisor in Gesundheitsunternehmen. Mit dem salutogenetischen Modell, können wir diesen Herausforderungen mit einer positiven Einstellung entgegentreten.
- Praxisanleitung in der Pflege (German Edition)
- Demenzbegleiter: Leitfaden für zusätzliche Betreuungskräfte in der Pflege (German Edition)
- Normalizing Challenging Or Complex Childbirth (UK Higher Education OUP Humanities & Social Sciences Health & Social Welfare)
- Psychologie, Soziologie und Pädagogik für die Pflegeberufe (German Edition)
- Pathology Informatics, An Issue of the Clinics in Laboratory Medicine, E-Book (The Clinics: Internal Medicine)
Extra resources for Compact Clinical Guide to Infant and Child Pain Management: An Evidence-Based Approach for Nurses